Current Openings – Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Microbiology Research Technician – Synereca Pharmaceuticals
Synereca Pharmaceuticals is seeking a full-time microbiology research technician to assist in efforts to screen new compounds for antimicrobial activity against multidrug-resistant bacterial pathogens. Some training will be provided; however, the successful candidate will be expected to be self-motivated and learn to complete assigned experiments with minimal supervision. Start date is flexible; however, late September to early October would be optimal.
- Prepare/autoclave media and biohazardous waste
- Culture bacteria using sterile technique
- Calculate dilutions of antibiotics and other compounds
- Perform assays in 96-well plates
- Order laboratory supplies and reagents
- Other basic laboratory and office tasks
- Master’s degree in microbiology or biology or bachelor’s degree in biology with relevant research experience; salary commensurate with experience.
- An excellent attitude towards working as part of a team to meet company goals and the ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to clearly communicate results to colleagues at other sites via teleconference and email and by maintaining an up-to-date online database.
- Must maintain organized records of experiments and data.
Please apply by sending your resume and brief cover letter to Shauna Swanson, PhD, at sswanson [at] synereca [dot]com.
Current Openings – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Biology Research Technician.
A full/part time technician is needed to become part of a team of researchers exploring pharmaceutical approaches to dealing with hearing loss and restoration. Experience is required in tissue culture techniques and working with small animals. Ideal candidates would have experience in cochlear dissection and preparation counting of cochlear hair cells in small animals. Additional experience in molecular and histological techniques, e.g. Western blotting, immunofluorescence, is desirable.
An appropriate Bachelor degree is required.
Pay will be determined based on experience.
Prospective candidates can apply by submitting resumes by email: dewert [at] houghear [dot] org or ehamm [at] accelebio [dot] com.
General Function Follow established practices and procedures to provide routine rodent care and assist research staff in performing technical work related to the care and use of research animals. Assist the facility manager in managing the Jortan Pharmaceuticals Animal Facility by managing day to day operations of the facility and ensuring conditions vital to the well-being of animals continuously are met in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act as implemented through the Department of Agriculture regulations and, for federally funded research, the U.S. Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer College Degree.
Experience: At least one year animal facility experience or veterinary health care. Prefer ALAT certification. Prefer experience with rodents and other laboratory animals.
Skills: General ability to work with animals. The ability to communicate clearly.
Other: The ability to lift and carry up to fifty pounds of materials. This position works weekends and holidays and responds to after-hour emergencies. Strong attention to detail preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide all aspects of husbandry and care to research animals.
- Receive animals from suppliers.
- Observe and report status of animal health (food and water consumption, appearance, and behavior.
- Maintain all required facility records, including daily inspection logs, health records, protocols, censuses and facility records, in computer databases and paper files.
- Perform sanitation duties in animal facility.
- Ensure proper environmental conditions.
- Assist in routine technical procedures including blood and tissue collection.
- Implementing and evaluating new procedures.
- Monitoring experiments to ensure protocols are being followed and notifying proper personnel if deviations are noted.
- Assist coordinating the facility inspections.
- Inventory management, receiving and stocking supplies.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.